Welcome to our practice...
In January 2015, Dr. James Capó and Dr. Kelleen Fitzgerald opened a Direct Care Membership Practice to provide a more personalized experience for our patients. This type of practice requires that we limit the size of each of our practices to enhance the medical services we provide and to give our members the time and attention they deserve.
This personal level of health care offers benefits beyond today's typical "traditional" system. Understanding the dynamics of an individual’s health issues, family issues, risks and possible exposures are all important in providing the highest level of care. A Direct Care Membership Practice adds depth to the patient-physician partnership and allows us to decide on the best treatment plan together.
Our goal is to manage and anticipate your unique healthcare needs and to provide comprehensive primary care in a relaxed setting at an unhurried pace. We will partner with you on a personal level to help you achieve the optimal health we all value. We will closely collaborate on what it takes to stay on the path to wellness. You will be welcomed by the relaxed, individualized attention you receive from everyone in our office.
Feel free to call us at 404.303.8651 to learn more about our practice. We look forward to seeing you in our office.
Celebrating Thanksgiving Safely
As we look forward to Thanksgiving next week, keeping our loved ones safe and healthy is still a concern and priority. If you are attending or hosting a holiday gathering, here are a few things to consider and tips for keeping you as safe as possible.
* If possible (you never know in Atlanta), hold your celebration outside. It's much safer. If the weather is not conducive to outdoor gatherings, make sure your indoor space is well-ventilated. Open windows and let some fresh air in.
* Even if it means not everyone eats at the same table, spread out to allow 6 feet between households or each person when eating.
* If you are indoors, ask family and friends keep their masks on when not eating or drinking.
* Remember it's fine to ask guests how much contact they've had with people outside of their household. Evaluate your risk.
* It’s also fine to ask guests to wear their mask in your home, to wash their hands upon arriving, and again before dinner. Have single-use hand towels available.
* Have hand sanitizer available for guests.
* Limit the number of people in and out of the kitchen.
* Limit the number of people touching the food. Consider having only one or two people serving the food or a buffet-style dinner with individual serving spoons.
* Consider single-use condiments, disposable utensils and paper plates.
* Use an open top garbage container so guests don’t have to touch the lid.
Even in this difficult year we have so much to be thankful for! As for the doctors and staff at The Atlanta Internists, we are very grateful to have all of you as our patients.
Don't Forget Your Flu Shot!
Reminder! We are still administering flu shots for this season. Please see us as soon as possible if you have not received your flu shot yet!
Our practice is smaller and personalized to better know you.