February 2018: Taking Care of Your Heart
Thank you to Dr. Kimberly Champney of Northside Hospital Cardiovascular Care. She participated with our patients in a question-and-answer session in which we touched on the following important points and topics:
- The progress that has been made in the last 20 years in women’s heart related diseases.
- The importance of taking blood thinners to greatly reduce risks when prescribed by your doctor.
- When to go to your doctor and when to go to the ER and always go to the ER is your doctor tells you
- Cardiac events are still the #1 cause of death in both men and women.
- 80% of heart attacks are predictable and preventable!